Best SEO Tips For Insurance Brokers and SEO For Insurance Agencies
The insurance industry is just like any other profession or industry in this world. There is a lot of competition for the number of available people in any given area.
When you enter the 21st century your office needs to stay current with 21st-century industry practices. That means your SEO for insurance companies must provide your company with an edge over your competition.
To get this edge you either need to be an expert in SEO strategies for insurance or you need to hire a consultant who is. There is no room for those who do not know what they are doing in this modern society.
Why is it important to focus on SEO for insurance agents?
Do you know how many websites are on the internet today? There are billions of them and you will find that more than a million insurance companies have websites. To get ahead of this stiff competition, you need to practice top SEO for insurance.
That criterion is a solid reason for you to invest in some good SEO strategies that help your company stand out.
What are search engines looking for?
When search engines set up those complex algorithms, they are not trying to make you jump through some useless hoops. They actually have a very legitimate purpose.
Those search engines are filtering out the bad websites while ranking those that display authority, trust, and relevance. The only way your website can match those criteria and get ranked high is to have great SEO strategies working for your website.
It is not easy to do great SEO for insurance brokers if you are not an SEO expert. The reason for saying that is that the rules for SEO rankings change all the time. Plus they change without notice.
If you are not up on those rules or criteria changes, then your website can end up in SEO jail and not be ranked ever again.
SEO For Insurance Brokers
The rules for good SEO strategies are the same for brokers as it is for agencies, companies, and agents. There are no separate rules for separate divisions in the industry. The following strategies will apply to all websites in the insurance business.
1. Keyword Research
When the research is done right, all of these options can help get you ranked better as well as drive more traffic to your website. To do your keyword search right, here are some steps to follow:
- Make a list of products you offer
- Then make a list of relevant topics that relate to those products
- Next, add in some phrases or words, or long-tailed keywords that internet users will be using
- Search for related keywords using a search engine
- Finally, use a keyword-generating tool to help you analyze the best keywords to use. The higher the score the better the keyword.
- Do not forget to focus on local keywords as your traffic will come more from local residents than national ones.
2. Do on-page SEO
While keywords are important, how you use them will make them more effective. On-Page SEO simply means using those keywords on your website’s web pages in key areas to help draw traffic.
Here are some good tips to follow when you are ready with your keywords:
- Use them in the title tags of each web page. Limit those tags to 60 characters at most
- Naturally use the keywords in your H1 headings. But only have one H1 heading per page
- Use them in URLs when possible, again, you need to keep those URLs short
- Use alt text for your images. This is more for the search engine so they can rate and rank your web pages better
- Do internal links to other web pages that are related to the topic and products you are writing about
When you use keywords, avoid keyword stuffing. That is the practice of putting the keywords or phrases too many times in your article or on your web pages. If you do keyword stuff, you can end up in SEO jail and your website will be penalized.
3. Do Off-page SEO
You can do this by using backlinks from credible websites. This option helps search engines see that your website is relevant and trustworthy. If you are not sure how to do backlinks, here are some tips to help guide you:
- Sponsor legitimate events or local organizations to get your website’s link on their web pages and website
- Write a guest post for an industry magazine, etc., and put your website’s URL in the article or in your bio section
- Write an article for a local newspaper on insurance laws or topics your fellow citizens will be affected by
There are other options you can use as well. You can add your website URL to those other websites that extend your internet presence. Those websites include YELP, BBB, Yellow Pages, and so on.
4. Content Is Still King
Content creation on your website is the best way to build trust with your website’s visitors as well as show that you are an authority on insurance and its related topics.
The key to content creation is that you have to be good. That means either writing the content yourself or hiring a professional to do it for you. The latter would have to have great research skills as well as know how to write so well your readers’ attention is grabbed from the start.
Also, your content should provide key information as well as answers to the questions different internet users have. Those questions are why they are doing an online search and with the right keywords, your content gets in front of their eyes quicker.
There are an unlimited amount of topics that are important and relevant to potential clients. Just make sure to keep the content simple and easy to understand while making it compelling reading material.
5. Optimize For Mobile Phones
In the 21st century how people look for answers or information has changed. They may have once used PCs, print media, and television as their primary resources for information. That is and has changed in recent years.
More and more people are going to their mobile phones to look for the information that provides them with the answers they are looking for. Here are some tips you can use to get your website mobile ready:
- Design your website to look good on PCs, laptops, notebooks, and mobile phones
- Use larger buttons and auto-filled forms that are easier to use on mobile phones. Fast navigation is essential
- Don’t use pop-ups that are hard to close on mobile phones and touchscreens
- Consider using accelerated mobile pages as this helps websites load faster on mobile phones
- Remove any Flash elements that may impede mobile phone viewing
6. Miscellaneous Options
There are a lot of different ways you can do SEO for insurance brokers. One method would be to make sure your website loads fast. This means cutting the size of your images, getting rid of content that is slow loading or slows the website down, upgrading to a better website host, and minimizing plug-in use.
Another method would be to ensure your website uses HTTPS security. This may mean that you have to move your website to a new location to be able to take advantage of the benefits that come with this security system.
Finally, keep your website organized. This will help new visitors find the answers they are looking for. Add in some good links to relevant topics on your website as well as easy-to-use navigation.
Your website’s visitors’ experience is essential in helping to convert them into new clients.
Some Final Words
There is a lot to know when it comes to doing SEO for insurance companies and it is hard for everyone to be an expert on insurance as well as SEO strategies. What makes the latter difficult is that the rules for SEO are always changing.
That is why when you want to get an edge over your competition and give your website more visibility, you call us. Our company has over 10 years of SEO consulting experience and we know SEO rules.
Plus, we have the time to keep up with all the changes. Call us today and see how we can help you.
Last Updated in 2023-02-26T19:46:03+00:00 by Lukasz Zelezny