Last Updated in September 2021 by Lukasz Zelezny
Guest blogging is a powerful marketing tool that can help you build your brand and generate more traffic to your website. Guest blog posts are an excellent way to increase awareness about your business, establish yourself as an industry expert and spread word-of-mouth advertising about what you do.
Your blog post should be informative yet interesting – people want to read content from someone they trust! After reading this article, hopefully, you see that guest blogging is worth investing time into if you’re looking for ways to grow your brand or market yourselves better online.
What Is Guest Blogging
In this blogpost
Guest blogging can be defined as an author writing a blog post on another blogger’s website. In exchange, the guest blogger will link to their host and provide value by providing content that is relevant and useful to readers of the site they’re contributing to. It’s a great way of getting your website out there and establishing yourself as an authority in the field.
It helps drive traffic from other sites – You’ll receive visitors who are interested in your topic or industry which means more potential customers for you! – The best part? Google loves it! More links mean higher rankings… so this is one way bloggers can climb search engine results pages (SERPs).
Benefits Of Doing It Correctly
- Reach a new audience.
- Drive traffic to your site.
- Social sharing opportunities, and more.
- Connection with influencers and other influential people within the industry
- Gaining high-quality backlinks from reputable sites
- Increased exposure of your content to a target audience: Some people have used guest posting on high profile blogs as their ticket into being someone that others look up to and respect within the community/industry they work in.
- Receiving a unique opportunity for self-promotion and brand awareness.
- Guest posts can help potential employers take notice of what you’ve done outside of regular office hours which may even allow them to see a different side of you than those who only know you from the day job alone.
Common Mistakes People Make When Guest Blogging
- Not creating a custom bio: you should always create custom bios for each guest blog post you write so it won’t look like they are spamming other blogs with similar content.
- Guest blogging on too many blogs at once or setting unrealistic expectations: this can damage relationships with bloggers which could result in them not wanting to work together again in the future.
Make sure you’re only writing guest posts on top tier sites within your industry as well by doing research beforehand!
How To Get Started With Guest Blogging
The first thing you need to do is select a topic that your target audience will find informative and helpful.
Before writing your guest blog post, make sure to read through other articles on the same subject to get an idea of what’s already out there and how you can contribute something new or fresh that readers will enjoy reading.
After completing your research, write a draft of your blog content using clear language that flows well and is easy to understand. Edit it until you’re completely satisfied with its quality before publishing anything online.
Search online for blogs within the same niche as yours—the ones where your posts could be a good fit. Reach out to them with an email pitch, explaining why their readers would benefit from reading your post on their site. Keep in mind that not every blog owner or editor might share this point of view about guest blogging, so make sure you respect his/her rules regarding it before pitching him/her any ideas. In most cases though, guest bloggers are encouraged!
How To Make The Most Of Your Time As A Guest Blogger
Write on a topic you are passionate about.
Create your content until the guest post is published – this will ensure that you have enough blog posts for future guest blogging opportunities.
Once it goes live, share the link with everyone in your network! Keep sharing until people stop engaging with it (referring traffic). More shares on social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter, links back to your website from other blogs, etc., all increase how visible you are as a writer/blogger online which leads to higher search engine rankings for yourself and increased brand awareness overall.
Tips To Writing A High-Quality Blog Post That Will Be Shared
- Write a catchy title: the title of the blog post needs to be simple, short and catchy. It should summarize what your article is about
- Research keywords: If you are trying to get traffic, you need to include relevant keywords in your posts that people will search for online. You can use Google AdWords or an SEO tool like Moz Keyword Explorer. Include key points that you want the reader to take away from your post
- Attract links by being interesting & unique: Think outside the box! Try not to write generic content but try something new and unexpected – it’s much more likely other bloggers will link back when they see something cool written on your site instead of just another boring rehashed post
- Keep it short – No one wants to read an overwhelmingly long blog post!
Impact Of Guest Blogging On SEO
Guest blogging is a great way to drive targeted traffic back to your website. It can also help improve your search engine rankings, provided you guest blog on quality sites with high domain authority and page rank. When done effectively, therefore, guest blogging can be an important part of any online marketing campaign.
How To Get The Right Guest Blogger For Your Website
- Choosing an appropriate guest blogger can be tricky if you don’t know what you’re looking for. Here are some tips:
- Look at their previous articles.
- Make sure they write about topics related to yours.
- Don’t opt for a flavour of the week.
- Look beyond just social media people! With so many options available today, it’s easy to find someone who has been writing about your topic in recent weeks or months; however, this will not guarantee that they’ll continue producing solid content over time. Putting too much value on the number of social media followers they have will probably give you a short-term boost, but it’s not going to last.
Guest blogging is a great way to get website traffic and new customers. It can also increase your SEO by creating backlinks, which will help you rank higher in Google searches for keywords related to your business or product.
If done correctly, guest blogging can be an easy and effective marketing strategy that pays off dividends over time with increased sales and positive customer feedback. We hope you found this helpful.