Last Updated in July 2021 by Lukasz Zelezny
What is an SEO Landing Page?
A landing page is a page where potential customers or visitors can land when they click or scroll through an online location. It is designed to obtain information from potential customers in exchange for product or services insights, reviews, and retail transaction codes.
Such that when a customer land on the page, there are tools that change the clicks into leads, and in return, the customer gets access codes or any other pertinent information that they might be inquiring about on the product or service, hence making the landing page unique from the other pages on the website.
Significance of Optimizing Landing Page for Search Engines
If landing pages are optimised based on the best SEO requirements, they are bound to provide the customer and the website with the following benefits.
- The search engines easily match the function of your page and appropriately rank it where it is supposed to be in the search results.
- Customers will be able to access the page, hence increasing more conversions rates easily.
- As you optimise landing pages, you also improve quality on your page ratings which attracts benefits such as AdWords campaigns.
Developing a landing page with the best SEO practices will enable your page to rank higher and help increase your target audience. Creating a well-structured SEO will allow you to get more traffic which your topic will entice regarding the product or service you are selling.
Correspondingly, that will help you get more leads, hence increase conversion rates, ultimately improving your website's success.
Here is a list of the best SEO practices to follow when creating a successful landing page:
- Develop Backlinks - these are links from other sites that are directed to your website. Backlinks from high-ranking and respected platforms will enable you to improve your site landing page SEO. Similarly, developing quality content that can be shared like videos and info graphs might increase the probability that other sites will link to you.
- Increasing Page Speed - Increasing page speed is a crucial factor regarding the rankings of search engines since it creates a user-friendly perception, whereby many people like loading fast pages compared to slow pages that make them furious, making them leave without opening the page, affecting the rankings.
- Monitoring used URL - It helps reveal information about the content and what visitors should expect to find on your page. Therefore, you should minimise your URL to at most 65 characters and dividing keywords with slashes, particularly placing the most significant ones towards the left side of the URL. A well-structured URL will help yield a successful landing page that will promote the business's overall success.
- Enable Search Engine to Match Easily with your content - you should ensure that the search engines robots can read, recognise and analyze. Such that the search engine understands what the landing page entails so that it can index it properly.
- Make your keywords associate with your content - Usually, a strong keyword forms the foundation of a high-ranking landing page. Secondly, use subordinate keywords to indicate further what your page is talking about.
Finally, the keywords that you use should match your content and not misleading users. It should also enable them to know what they expect to find on the landing page.
Here are some strategies that need to be followed to structure a successful landing page.
- Headings - Make sure you include an H1 heading that is consistent with your title page.
Then the rest of the headings can match other topics within your content, such as secondary keywords, which might be used to further give an insight into the content to the users.
- Title Tag - Ideally, the page title must be short, include primary keywords, and be placed towards the left side of the title, followed by the less important words.
- Meta Description - It refers to an overview of the landing page; it offers the user idea of what they expect to find if they click through the page.
- Files Name - It is essential to give your files descriptive and distinctive names in line with your content so that it might be easy for the search engine to retrieve them when users cannot find them.
- Interlinks - These links enable the search engine to understand the content and context of the page. Hence, making it easier for the search engine robots to generate a quick pop-up after a search with the highest-ranking order to the lowest ranking in the search page results.
- Alt Tags - They help translate the content so that the search engine robots can recognise, read and analyze its concept. If an image refuses to load, the alt tag will attempt to explain the image and its meaning briefly.
Are Landing Pages Bad for SEO
Landing pages are not bad for SEO; they can only be harmful if you cannot properly optimise your landing page. If you adequately optimise your landing page, your SEO will be performed successfully.
For example, a landing page engaging and intuitive will add value to both sides of your customers and the website, thereby promoting the website and its business aspect.
In conclusion, landing pages are the perfect boost for SEO success, as long as they are correctly optimised. Particularly if the landing pages are optimised according to best SEO best practices, they help bring back value to the customers and the website.
As such, landing pages work hand in hand with SEO in contributing to the web site's success and satisfying customers' demands. Hence, landing pages are not bad for SEO; rather, two components work simultaneously towards achieving the same goal.
Therefore, website owners should embrace using landing pages with SEO for improving marketing and increasing revenue in their businesses.